Overview: 3G Manager allow you to save battery and avoid excessive Electromagnetic exposure by automatically disabling mobile data connection when you lock the screen.
Requirements: Android OS 2.3 and up
Stop wasting energy in useless radiation!
The manager allow you to keep receiving notifications by automatically re-enabling the connection from time to time for some minutes to permit sync.
You can specify the reconnection interval and other settings.
- Automatically disable mobile data on screen-off
- Automatically enable mobile data on screen unlock or screen on
- Automatically disable mobile data when WiFi is connected (optional)
- Delayed disconnection on screen off to allow rapid chatting
- Periodic reconnection to allow notifications
- Specify first reconnection time (before periodic reconnection)
- The manager will be automatically paused while: on WiFi, charging, calling, on airplane mode, on Tethering/Hotspot mode and when mobile data are manually disabled
- Automatically disable mobile data while calling (optional)
- Manager on/off widget (1×1)
- Manager on/off + periodic reconnections on/off widget (2×1)
- Optionally disable sync on low battery (low-battery level configurable)
- Run in foreground: always show app icon in the notification bar (optional)
- Night mode: automatically enable/disable reconnections at specified times
Note: to maximize battery saving set higher re-connection interval or totally disable it (you will lose notification)
This application DOESN’T HAVE Internet access permission.
Network communication permission is only for mobile data switch and detection.
The app doesn’t allow reconnection interval under 7 minutes since that will drain your battery more than keeping the connection always enabled.
If you notice that the phone doesn’t always reconnect when you unlock the phone try disabling the option “wait for unlock” (if that option is off the manager will enable the connection when you turn the screen on)
If you can’t see the widgets in launcher after installing the app please try rebooting your phone (Android bug).
Languages: English, Italian, Spanish
Tested on: Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Xperia U, Galaxy S
Works also on CM9, CM10 and CM10.1
What’s New in 3G Manager version:
Show icon in notification bar (opt)
Choose data state on WiFi
Disable “wait for unlock” if alt screen locker is active (WidgetLocker etc.)
1×1 Widget show orange circle when manager is paused
Move description to “Help” menu button
Native switch buttons on ICS+
Show messages to notify the user of some events
Disable data after 2 minutes on outgoing calls to avoid useless on/off
Data toggle in main screen for manual changes
Huge code rewrite
Fix sporadic missing reconnection
Download Instructions: 3G Manager 1.5 (Android)