Overview: Andy. The answer to all your questions!
Requirements: Android OS 2.2 and up
- Advertising Free!
- No ‘Top Android App’ in-app offers.
- No daily limit on number of questions.
- Supports ‘Detailed Answers’ (video answers and long answers).
- Supports ‘Online Ideas’ feature (see the current most commonly asked questions).
- Supports all type of questions (launch apps, etc.).
- Fully functional ‘Stop Talking’ button.
- Fully functional ‘Interesting Facts’.
- Bluetooth (A2DP) support.
- Shake recording support.
Andy is a voice controlled access to encyclopedic information on a vast array of topics. Ask anything. Andy covers culture and the arts, biographies and persons, geography and places, society and social sciences, history and events, natural and physical sciences, technology and applied science, religion and belief systems, health, mathematics and logic, philosophy and many other topics.
You can also ask about weather and time in any city, get answers to algebra questions, conversions, or simply ask any question just like you would do a search online.
To ask a question, tap the microphone button on the application home screen. Alternatively, you may give your device a little shake (this requires enabling the Shake Recording option) or simply type in your question manually to get the answer.
One of Andy’s great features is its design to work with Bluetooth headsets (A2DP only, must pair with at least one device). Andy (using your Android phone or tablet) will recognize your voice and speech, search the Internet for the best answer, and read it back to you in a clear voice. The answer will also be displayed on your device screen.
Additionally, Andy can send text messages, initiate phone calls, give you directions and do distance measurements, time range measurements and a lot more.
What’s New in Andy (Siri for Android) version :
Version 5.5 (Released: 3.Dec.2012)
- Added: Personalization. Introduce yourself to Andy and he’ll remember your name and personalize the answers. Use Enable/Disable Personalization commands to turn this feature on and off.
- Fixed: Open Application feature was completely reworked. Some devices with over 300 installed apps were taking too long to open app.
- Fixed: Andy not returning answers on devices missing Locale.English. This issue should be fixed now.
- Fixed: Errors or missing weather information in certain world locations or when GPS/Network location signal is not available.
- Fixed: Crashing when providing random facts.
- Fixed: Errors in WOEID queries.
- Changed: Rate Andy prompt. To not to be too obtrusive, we’ve slightly reinvented our approach to rating. Andy will promt its users for rating only after either 5 days of continuous usage or 7 app launches in total.
Download Andy (Siri for Android) 5.5 (Android)