Overview: ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones (requires Android 4.0 or later)!
Requirements: Android OS 4.0.3 and up
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: Keyboard/remote control compatible.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
What’s New in Archos Video Player version:
Important: MPEG2 plugin update is required to avoid crash
7.0.10 – January 11th, 2013
- Correct aspect ratio on some H264 video
- Add H264 Hi10p SW decoding support (animes)
- Add VC1 & MPEG2 HW decoding when natively supported by platform
- Fix camera video playback on OMAP4 (Galaxy Nexus)
- Add HW decoding support on QQ S1 (msm7627a)
- Add preliminary WTV support
- Fix wrong color conversion on some Galaxy S2/Note2
- Fix HDMI output on some devices (essentially Samsung based hardware)
Download Instructions: Archos Video Player 7.0.10 (Android)