Overview: ★ Tie, untie and rotate 80 knots with your finger in 3D! ★ Knots 3D, our top-rated 3D knot app, will give you a whole new perspective on knots! Grab a piece of rope and have fun! #1 Reference App in 75 Countries*
Requirements: Android Device OS 2.2 and up
Installs Stats: 5,000 – 10,000
Have you ever wondered what a knot looks like rotated 40° or maybe 90°? Or maybe you want to see what a Trilene knot or Constrictor knot looks like from the back? Use your finger to spin the knot and see how it looks from any angle in 3D!
Choose from 80 different knots and see how they’re tied in incredible detail. Watch the knot draw itself and pause the animation to see where the virtual rope goes in and out and around. (Something about a rabbit and a hole and a tree right? ) Zoom in on the knot to get a closer look or flip it around for another perspective. Can your old school knot app do that?!
Product Features and Functions
- Learn to tie 80 unique knots
- Browse knots by category and type
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots 360 degrees to view them from any angle
- Zoom in on a knot to see it in greater detail
- Interact with the knot on screen via mult-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
Knots 3D is moveable to SD memory, requires no special permissions and requires no additional content downloads after install. Additionally, Knots 3D receives frequent updates with aditional knots and/or features!
Each 3D knot has detailed information including tying pointers, strength and reliability, structural info, and Ashley reference numbers (ABoK) and occasionally the history behind the knot.
The knots are arranged by both Category (Boating, Climbing, Fishing, Scouting, etc) and Type (Bend, Loop, Stopper, etc). If you find a knot you like or want to come back to later, add it to your Favorites list for quick reference.
Knots 3D includes 80 Knots with common ones such as the Bowline and Sheet Bend along with more complicated knots such as the Monkey’s Fist and Jury Mast Knot. The entire list of knots can be found here:
KNOTS 3D REVIEWS
Very Useful – ★★★★★
Great guide for knot how to’s. 3D ability puts it to the top compared to others. Nice job dev’s.
Nicely Done – ★★★★★
This app is really nicely done. I actually don’t have much need to learn or use knots, but I am so impressed with the presentation in this app that it motivates me to want to learn them, just so I can use it. Good job!
Great App – ★★★★★
I really like this app, I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills is a must and this app helps keep me knot prepared. The zoom and step through the knot using a finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
What’s New in Knots 3D version:
v3.0.5 Fixed force close on app startup on particular devices using GPU “PowerVR SGX 540″ such as LG-P925 and Samsung Exhibit 4G(SGH-T759)
- New knots: Dbl Bight Fig 8, In-line Fig 8, Sailor’s Cross, Single Braid, True Lover’s, Turk’s Head
- Limited localization: Knot names listed in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Russian! Contribute at http://crowdin.net/project/knots3d
- Hyperlinks between related knots
- Correction to Rapala Knot
- Performance improvements & bug fixes
Download Instructions: Knots 3D 3.0.5 (Android)