Overview: SuperSU is the Superuser access management tool of the future
Requirements: Android OS 1.6 and up
SuperSU v0.99 + SuperSU Pro v1.00
!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
SuperSU Features include:
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn’t properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
The SuperSU Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
NOTICE: A SPECIAL PROCEDURE IS NEEDED FOR UNINSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE APP, DO *NOT* JUST UNINSTALL IT, YOU *WILL* LOSE ROOT.
Superuser access management runs through a so called “su binary”. There can be only one of these at a time. So if you install SuperSU, your previous superuser access management solution will no longer operate. So if you want to switch back: (1) Open that application, and search for an option for it to install/update/replace the “su binary”. (2) Confirm root-using apps are using the superuser solution you want. (3) Uninstall SuperSU.
What’s New in this SuperSU version:
- More Android 4.2 fixes
- Disabled text correction on labels
- Updated languages
Download SuperSU 0.99 SuperSU Pro 1.00 (Android)